What should you do when you are sick and cannot perform prayers?
Submitted by on Tue, 17/11/2009 - 15:02
Dear Brother / Sister,
First of all there is no excuse for quitting performing prayers in our religion. A person who cannot make wudu (ablution) can make tayammum (using earth for wudu instead of water); a person who cannot stand or sit down can pray while lying down by moving his head. It means that no Muslim who is sane and without a legal excuse can neither miss nor delay his/her salah. Even if you are regarded to pay your debt by performing Salah later, you will be responsible for not praying on time.
But if you could not perform prayer on time then you have to perform it later; Performing an obligatory prayer (salah) in time is called execution, performing it after its specified time has elapsed is called compensation (qada); performing a prayer again that has been spoiled is called repetition.
If these prayers were disregarded without an excuse, since this is a sin, it is inconvenient to expose this.
Please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- What is Compensatory prayer?
- Could you give information about the qada (compensation) of missed fasts and paying ransom (fidyah) for those fasts?
- If you have to work eveyday from 4:00 p.m to 11:30 p.m, what should you do about the Asr, Maghrib, and Isha prayers?
- Could you please give information about the subject of "Excuse" in Islam? In which conditions do we become (mazur) excused about the religious services?
- Can a Muslim postpone his/her prayers because of working?
- What are the advantages of belief in the Hereafter for the society and individuals?
- When should I perform the Fajr (morning prayer), If I cannot perform it on time?
- Can a person appoint a proxy for worships like daily prayers (salah), fasting, zakat (almsgiving) and Hajj?
- There are narrations about rewards (sawabs) which will be given to the prayers cited. What are the conditions for deserving rewards promised for prayers? Can anyone citing that prayer deserve that reward?
- Could you give detailed information about delusion? How can I get rid of it?