If you have to work eveyday from 4:00 p.m to 11:30 p.m, what should you do about the Asr, Maghrib, and Isha prayers?
Submitted by on Fri, 30/10/2009 - 01:51
Dear Brother / Sister,
There is no excuse for quitting performing prayers in our religion. The legal excuses accepted by the religion are unconscious conditions like forgetting and being asleep, and impossibility of praying on time. For example, in Ramadan, one can break his fast when he is at war or travelling –even if he can fast- and he will not be sinner. However if there is a possibility to perform it, even if in an actual battle, he cannot delay his praying. Salah (prayer) reminds people that they are always under the divine control and forbids them from every kind of bad behavior and Salah is easy to perform. A person who cannot make wudu (ablution) can make tayammum (using earth for wudu instead of water); a person who cannot stand or sit down can pray while lying down by moving his head. It means that no Muslim who is sane and has the opportunity can find a legal excuse to delay Salah. Even if you are regarded to pay your debt by performing Salah later, you will be responsible for not praying on time. You must pray Salah in your workplace even if secretly.
Questions on Islam
- How many times of salah are stated in the Qur’an? Are there any evidences showing that salahs are performed five times in a day?
- Will you please give information about qira'ah (recitation) loudly or silently in supererogatory (nafilah) prayers?
- What is the rule of delaying prayers beyond their proper times at particular times of education and training at school, what should be done? Is it permissible to perform prayers by combining two prayers?
- Can you give information about the five daily prayers?
- What is the importance of time for prayer (salah)?
- How is Prayer (salah) performed? Will you please explain orderly through video clips?
- If the next adhan is called while performing a prayer, will that prayer be valid?
- SALAT (PRAYER)-II
- Qada (Missed) Prayers
- What is the correct method of offering Qada Prayer? In what way is it beneficial?