Submitted by on Fri, 26/06/2009 - 22:40
Dear Brother / Sister,
Deciding whether watching TV is haram or not completely depends on the program. Here the problem is not in the TV as an electoronic device but in what a person watches in it. There is nothing wrong in watching TV programs that respect to our social, belief system and moral values. As muslims we should always watch programs that are beneficial for us. In addition to this, watching TV kills good traits such as friendship and reading. In conclusion TV can be considered fair as long as the programs are good but watching programs that show nudity is considered haram in Islam.
Questions on Islam
- Watching TV
- What is the sin of watching haram (forbidden) things? Will you give detailed information about looking at haram?
- How old should one start to perform prayers?
- Obeying the Rahmaniyat Laws
- Parents and the orders of Allah
- Is it permissible for a man to go to the cinema with his wife/fiancee?
- Things which invalidate the Fast
- Parent-Child Relations
- Considering the command of the verse;`they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty.` Could you please give advices about protecting the eyes from harams?
- Is it permissible to develop a computer software in which interest payment is calculated on bonds?