Submitted by on Fri, 26/06/2009 - 22:40
Dear Brother / Sister,
Deciding whether watching TV is haram or not completely depends on the program. Here the problem is not in the TV as an electoronic device but in what a person watches in it. There is nothing wrong in watching TV programs that respect to our social, belief system and moral values. As muslims we should always watch programs that are beneficial for us. In addition to this, watching TV kills good traits such as friendship and reading. In conclusion TV can be considered fair as long as the programs are good but watching programs that show nudity is considered haram in Islam.
Questions on Islam
- Watching TV
- What is the sin of watching haram (forbidden) things? Will you give detailed information about looking at haram?
- Things which invalidate the Fast
- Parent-Child Relations
- Obeying the Rahmaniyat Laws
- How old should one start to perform prayers?
- Parents and the orders of Allah
- Is it permissible for a man to go to the cinema with his wife/fiancee?
- Is it permissible to wear shorts and to watch footballers who wear those shorts if the shorts are not long enough to cover the knees?
- Is it permissible to develop a computer software in which interest payment is calculated on bonds?