Things which invalidate the Fast
Submitted by on Thu, 25/06/2009 - 20:17
Dear Brother / Sister,
Hitting someone else does not break your fast. But there are things which invalidate fasting.
Avoid the following which invalidate fasting:
• Feeding oneself through mouth, nose, etc and taking medicine knowing that one is fasting.
• Having sexual intercourse knowing that one is fasting.
• Vomiting mouthful.
• Being unconscious or drunk whole day.
• Begin to have menstrual or post-natal bleeding during any time of the day.
• Having abandoned Islam due to a blasphemous act or word.
Questions on Islam
- What a fasting person should do as a Kaffarah (Atonement) when he/she does one of the things that invalidate the fast?
- Does touching break fasting in the Holy month of Ramadan?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Does eating and drinking forgetfully invalidate fasting?
- Do treatment methods like sprays, eye-nose-ear drops, endoscopy, anesthesia, suppositories, enema, injections, serum, donating blood, dialysis, angio, biopsy, ointment, medicine and gynecological examination invalidate fasting?
- Is the fast broken because of kissing or embracing?
- How does Fasting Clean the Body? The World of Medicine is Investigating Fasting
- Is it permissible for a person who does hard manual labor not to perform fasting? What are the excuses that makes it permissible for a person not to fast?
- How should the person who realizes when he wakes up that he is junub (ritually impure) continue with the fasting? Does getting blood drawn invalidate the fast?