Submitted by on Wed, 11/08/2010 - 16:08
Dear Brother / Sister,
Trimming hair,beard,nails does not break one's fasting. Bleeding while shaving also does not break fasting. But there are things which invalidate fasting.
Avoid the following which invalidate fasting:
• Feeding oneself through mouth, nose, etc and taking medicine knowing that one is fasting.
• Having sexual intercourse knowing that one is fasting.
• Vomiting mouthful.
• Being unconscious or drunk whole day.
• Begin to have menstrual or post-natal bleeding during any time of the day.
• Having abandoned Islam due to a blasphemous act or word.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to wear contact lenses while fasting?
- Things which invalidate the Fast
- Does touching break fasting in the Holy month of Ramadan?
- Is the fast broken because of kissing or embracing?
- Does swallowing blood invalidate fasting? My gums are very sensitive. Blood leaks between my teeth; does swallowing it invalidate fasting?
- How does Fasting Clean the Body? The World of Medicine is Investigating Fasting
- What a fasting person should do as a Kaffarah (Atonement) when he/she does one of the things that invalidate the fast?
- Do treatment methods like sprays, eye-nose-ear drops, endoscopy, anesthesia, suppositories, enema, injections, serum, donating blood, dialysis, angio, biopsy, ointment, medicine and gynecological examination invalidate fasting?
- Does Vomiting Invalidate the fast?
- Does eating and drinking forgetfully invalidate fasting?