Does touching break fasting in the Holy month of Ramadan?
Submitted by on Tue, 24/08/2010 - 02:13
Dear Brother / Sister,
Masturbation invalidates the fasting and requires a make-up day. Ejaculation that occurs with pleasure by kissing, touching, and masturbation invalidates the fasting.
Forbidden Acts Requiring a Make-up Day:
* Eating due to a mistake or coercion.
* Swallowing the blood more than the saliva with which it is mixed and the taste of which one feels.
* Swallowing more than a few drops of tears and sweat the taste of which one feels.
* Removing from the mouth anything edible that remains between the teeth and which is greater than a chickpea, and then eating it.
* Vomiting a mouthful. Anything less and which goes back into the stomach does not invalidate the fast. However, if one intentionally takes it back, the fast is broken.
* Ejaculation that occurs with pleasure by kissing, touching, and masturbation.
* Menses and post-childbirth bleeding, even if either begins just before sunset.
* If one eats, drinks, or has intercourse, thinking that the sun has set or that fajr has not occurred.
* Any injections, whether for feeding or for medicinal purposes. It does not matter if the injection was intravenous or underneath the skin, or whether what was injected reaches the stomach.
* Any drink or medicine that passes through throat or nose. However, water that passes through the ears is allowed.
* Any fluid going into body through the rectum.
Questions on Islam
- Is the fast broken because of kissing or embracing?
- Is it permissible for me to date a non-Muslim?
- Is it permissible to do anything sexual with my partner other than sexual intercourse during the holy month of Ramadan?
- Can a woman choose to stay single for life?
- assalamualaikum need help n dont know wat to do
- What does my dream mean?
- Does having a tooth pulled invalidate fasting?
- What are the things that invalidate fasting according to Shafii madhhab? Does eating deliberately while fasting necessitate kaffarah?