Does applying nail polish invalidate fasting?
Submitted by on Mon, 12/04/2021 - 11:47
Dear Brother / Sister,
Applying nail polish does not invalidate fasting. However, since it forms a layer on the nail and does not allow water to penetrate, it prevents wudu.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to make ghusl/have a bath while fasting? How should one sniff water into his nostrils and gargle?
- Is it permissible to wear contact lenses while fasting?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Do contact lenses prevent fasting? Is fasting invalidated if the special liquid of lenses touches the eyes?
- Special File for Ramadan
- Is it a sin to fast when one is junub?
- Does having a bath unnecessarily invalidate fasting? Is it makruh?
- Is fasting invalidated if a person takes a bath arbitrarily, not because of a necessity, when he is fasting? Is it makruh?
- Will you give information about the fasting, wudu and excuse of a person from whose gums blood and pus come?
- Does smelling some food or perfume invalidate fasting?