Is it permissible to use Bitmoji and Emoji?
Emoji: Expressing feelings and thoughts with symbols instead of words.
Bitmoji: The application in which you can create your own virtual characters by changing your hairstyle, body structure, clothes and similar features.
Submitted by on Mon, 09/05/2022 - 14:54
Dear Brother / Sister,
Before a Muslim immediately accepts or rejects every innovation, he must decide according to our faith, halals, harams and ethics. Thus, he will not call something that is halal as haram and harmless, and he will not call something that is haram and objectionable as halal.
Accordingly, let us try to briefly summarize the inconvenient things that we must pay attention to:
1. It must not be contrary to the Islamic faith, like elements that contain polytheism.
2. It must not be a symbol of another religion, like the sign of the Cross.
3. It must be in accordance with the rules of the religion of Islam. For example, it must not be of the type that disdain deeds of worship such as prayer and fasting, or it must not represent haram things such as alcohol and gambling.
4. It must be in accordance with Islamic ethics. For example, it must not contain things that are haram to look at.
5. It must not contain insults to any person, institution, race, nation, religion, etc.
6. Misleading bitmoji must not be used. For example, a woman must not imitate a man or a man must not imitate a woman.
It is not haram to make or use bitmoji and emoji provided that you pay attention to and comply with the issues above and similar ones.
However, we would like to remind you that it would be more accurate to express your thoughts in writing instead of symbols.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to take protein pills that contain "Beef Liver"?
- Are doubtful food items permissible to eat?
- Is it permissible to use the products/food items that include gelatin as an additive? Is it halal when it is not definitely known that it is haram?
- Is the vaccine that includes porcine gelatin permissible?
- Are E additives that exist in some food items haram? Can we consume that safely?
- Is it permissible to use products like shampoo and soap that include lard?
- What is the criterion of permissibility for a food to be aten in Islam?
- Is it a sin to play games on game sites?
- Is it permissible to have energy drinks? Is it permissible to drink them? What is the religious decree about them?
- If a person uses illegitimately earned money as capital and starts a legitimate earning, what is the decree about the new earning? Are the goods that are taken and trade that is made completely haram?