Is it permissible for a man and women to pray without socks? Could anybody perform prayers barefoot?
Submitted by on Mon, 21/06/2010 - 22:34
Dear Brother / Sister,
Private parts are the organs which are fard (mandatory to be done) to be covered and haram to be shown to other people.
‘Private parts’ are the whole body of women except hands and face. For men, ‘private parts’ are the parts between the kneecap and the navel.
For this reason, according to some scholars, the praying of a woman barefoot is considered makrooh (abominable) but their prayers are still valid.
There is no drawback for a man’s performing a prayer and leading the prayers as an Imam barefoot.
Questions on Islam
- Is it haram for a father to change his newborn baby's diaper?
- What kind of clothes should women wear (for tasattur)?
- praying with pjamas on
- Is it right for women who are dressed according to Islamic rules to wear their headscarves covering their shoulders?
- Is it allowed to get the tubes tied? (To kill the ability of a woman to bear children)
- Can a woman perform prayers while pregnant? If yes, what is to be taken into account?
- Can you give me some brief information about Prophet Abraham's (pbuh) life?
- Is it permissible for a woman who has to make ghusl (full ablution) to breastfeed her baby, to do the cleaning and to do the washing-up?
- Would you like to give us some information about Hazrat Saleh's (pbuh) life?
- Does a person have to take wudu before reading the Quran on computer?