Does a person have to take wudu before reading the Quran on computer?
Submitted by on Wed, 03/03/2010 - 23:41
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not permissible to touch the Quran without ablution.
However, it is permissible to look at and read it without ablution. And the computer is not a book of the Quran. In this sense, it is permissible to read the Quran on the internet and cell phone without ablution. Nevertheless, without full ablution (ghusl), when one is supposed to have, it is not permissible to read the Quran, even by heart.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible for a woman who has to make ghusl (full ablution) to breastfeed her baby, to do the cleaning and to do the washing-up?
- Can a woman perform prayers while pregnant? If yes, what is to be taken into account?
- Is it right for women who are dressed according to Islamic rules to wear their headscarves covering their shoulders?
- Is it allowed to get the tubes tied? (To kill the ability of a woman to bear children)
- Is it haram for a father to change his newborn baby's diaper?
- Would you like to give us some information about Hazrat Saleh's (pbuh) life?
- Can you give me some brief information about Prophet Abraham's (pbuh) life?
- Is it permissible for a man and women to pray without socks? Could anybody perform prayers barefoot?
- What kind of clothes should women wear (for tasattur)?
- praying with pjamas on