How many times of salah a day are stated in the Qur’an? If we perform only the fards of salah, will we have paid our debt?
Submitted by on Fri, 24/04/2015 - 15:19
Dear Brother / Sister,
If someone performs the fards of the salahs, he/she will have paid his/her debt. However, it is makruh to leave sunnah prayers without any excuses.
In the Qur’an, five daily salahs are ordered.
Questions on Islam
- When was salah (daily prayer) rendered fard for the first time?
- How many times of salah are stated in the Qur’an? Are there any evidences showing that salahs are performed five times in a day?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- What is the wisdom behind reading al-Fatiha in every rak'ah of five daily prayers?
- Is the statement ‘He who does not perform prayers will be with Korah, Pharaoh, Haman and Ubayy ibn Khalaf on the Day of Judgment a hadith?
- Will you write the verses of the Quran and Hadiths about Ramadan and Fasting?
- Duha Salah
- What is the decree on not performing prayers? Does a person who does not perform prayers become an unbeliever; or, does he become only a sinner?
- Can you give some information about not performing salah relying on the idea that sooner or later Allah will forgive me. Will there be a difference between those who perform their salahs and those who do not perform their salahs?
- Can qada (missed) prayers be performed instead of sunnah prayers? Can a person who has to perform qada prayers perform sunnah prayers?