How many times of salah a day are stated in the Qur’an? If we perform only the fards of salah, will we have paid our debt?
Submitted by on Fri, 24/04/2015 - 15:19
Dear Brother / Sister,
If someone performs the fards of the salahs, he/she will have paid his/her debt. However, it is makruh to leave sunnah prayers without any excuses.
In the Qur’an, five daily salahs are ordered.
Questions on Islam
- When was salah (daily prayer) rendered fard for the first time?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- How many times of salah are stated in the Qur’an? Are there any evidences showing that salahs are performed five times in a day?
- What is the wisdom behind reading al-Fatiha in every rak'ah of five daily prayers?
- When and how are the missed (qada) prayers performed? Are the sunnah prayers performed as well?
- What is the decree about missed (qada) prayers? When and how are they performed? How should one say niyyah (intention) for them?
- Will you write the verses of the Quran and Hadiths about Ramadan and Fasting?
- Qada (Missed) Prayers
- Can qada (missed) prayers be performed instead of sunnah prayers? Can a person who has to perform qada prayers perform sunnah prayers?
- There are some people who say the prayers that are missed deliberately cannot be performed as qada (missed) prayers. Is it true? Does qada (missed) prayer exist in all madhhabs?