How many times of salah a day are stated in the Qur’an? If we perform only the fards of salah, will we have paid our debt?
Submitted by on Fri, 24/04/2015 - 15:19
Dear Brother / Sister,
If someone performs the fards of the salahs, he/she will have paid his/her debt. However, it is makruh to leave sunnah prayers without any excuses.
In the Qur’an, five daily salahs are ordered.
Questions on Islam
- How many times of salah are stated in the Qur’an? Are there any evidences showing that salahs are performed five times in a day?
- When was salah (daily prayer) rendered fard for the first time?
- How many missed (qada) can be performed the most a day? If a person who did not perform salah for ten years wants to perform them as qada and performs a hundred missed prayers a day, are these salahs accepted?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- How did people use to perform salah or worship before Mi’raj?
- Evening Salah
- When did the five daily prayers become fard?
- Can qada (missed) prayers be performed instead of sunnah prayers? Can a person who has to perform qada prayers perform sunnah prayers?
- Is it permissible to read a surah a few times in the salah?
- It is narrated that prophets other than the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) used to perform salah. Was there the worship of Salah in other religions, too?