Is it permissible to read a surah a few times in the salah?
Submitted by on Sat, 25/04/2015 - 11:17
Dear Brother / Sister,
If an ayah is repeated in a salah or a sura is read twice in a rak’ah or a sura is read in two rak’ahs, the following is considered: If the salah performed alone is a nafilah salah, it is not makruh. However, if it is a fard salah, it is makruh unless someone forgets or if he does not know any other suras.
Questions on Islam
- Does reading the surahs, verses and prayers by looking at a paper invalidate the salah?
- Why do we read salli-barik prayers in the first sitting of the first sunnah of the afternoon and night salahs? In case of forgetting to read them, do we have to make sajda as-sahw?
- Evening Salah
- Why do we need to read Subhanaka supplication when we stand up for the third rak’ah after the first sitting when we perform the sunnah prayers of the afternoon (asr) and night (isha) prayers?
- Can you recite the same Surah (chapters of the Holy Quran) in every Rak'ah?
- Is a person who utters takbir only before the time period for a prayer ends regarded to have caught that prayer?
- In the salah, if we forget an ayah while reading a short additional chapter like Surah al-Ikhlas, must we perform sajdah as-sahw?
- If we perform more rak'ahs than necessary in the fard of a salah, what must we do? Can we perform more rak'ahs than necessary in the fard of a salah intentionally?
- Is it permissible to read Subhanaka in a congregational prayer if the imam has started to read al-Fatiha?
- Can we perform salah by standing against someone’s face? At work, if there is no other place to perform salah, is it makruh to perform salah by standing against someone’s face? If I put a chair between us, can this eliminate the problem?