Does reading the surahs, verses and prayers by looking at a paper invalidate the salah?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 16:20
Dear Brother / Sister,
Reading the suras, ayahs and prayers by looking at a paper in the salah or reading the ayahs written on the wall makes the salah invalid. For this reason, we must stay away from such a deed.
Reading a verse wrongly in the salah makes it invalid. However, there is no need to worry about it. You can perform the salah again. You should try to perform the salah by reading the ayahs that you know best.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to read a surah a few times in the salah?
- While performing salah, does making salutations before the imam invalidate the salah?
- What should a person who joins the imam in a congregational prayer after the first rak'ah and who gives salam (salutes) with the imam at the end of the prayer by mistake do?
- Evening Salah
- Was there daily prayer worship (salah) in other religions, too? Did other prophets and their ummahs (community) perform salah?
- What must we do if we make salutations by accident at the first sitting in a four-rak'ah-salah?
- Things that invalidate prayer
- What is the place of ruku (bowing down in prayer) in salah? What meaning does it have and are there any verses or hadiths about it?
- Is it all right to say prayers while the imam is reciting while leading a prayer to the congregation? For example can one pray by saying, “O Allah forgive me“?
- What is the importance of time for prayer (salah)?