What must we do if we make salutations by accident at the first sitting in a four-rak'ah-salah?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 11:10
Dear Brother / Sister,
If we make salutations by accident at the first sitting in a four-rak'ah-salah, the salah does not become invalid. After the salutations the person completes the salah if he has not committed amal kathir (a major deed) or talked. He/she must perform sajda-as-sahw because of the delay.
Questions on Islam
- If we perform more rak'ahs than necessary in the fard of a salah, what must we do? Can we perform more rak'ahs than necessary in the fard of a salah intentionally?
- While in salah in congregation, if someone from the congregation behaves in such a way that requires sajda as-sahw, what must he/she do?
- Why do we read salli-barik prayers in the first sitting of the first sunnah of the afternoon and night salahs? In case of forgetting to read them, do we have to make sajda as-sahw?
- Are the last sunnahs of the noon, evening and night prayers, which are sunnah muakkadah, be performed as four rak’ahs? Is there a hadith about it?
- What is the number of rak'ahs of Tarawih prayer; how many rak'ahs can be offered with one salutation?
- What is the importance of sunnah prayers? Is it enough to perform only fard prayers?
- What are the situations that necessitate sajdah as-sahw? Is it necessary to perform sajdah as-sahw in sunnah prayers?
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (The First Sunnah)
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (Fard)
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (The Last Sunnah)