How many missed (qada) can be performed the most a day? If a person who did not perform salah for ten years wants to perform them as qada and performs a hundred missed prayers a day, are these salahs accepted?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 13:31
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not appropriate to say certain things on that issue. If someone has a lot of missed salahs, he/she must perform them in his/her free time. We cannot say he/she can or cannot perform such and such amount of missed prayers. He/she can perform as many salahs as he/she wants if the conditions are suitable.
Questions on Islam
- How many times of salah a day are stated in the Qur’an? If we perform only the fards of salah, will we have paid our debt?
- Is it permissible for a person who has not performed his missed prayers (qada) to perform tarawih prayer?
- Can one leave fard prayers intentionally and postpone them to perform later as qada (compensation prayer) because of his/her working hours? Is performing qada every day a sin? Do salahs (prayers) become invalid?
- If a person cannot wake up for the morning prayer (fajr), if he, say, gets up at 9 o’clock, how can he perform the morning prayer?
- Could you give information about the qada (compensation) of missed fasts and paying ransom (fidyah) for those fasts?
- What is negligence in salah?
- Beginning from what age must missed prayers be calculated? How are missed prayers performed?
- Can qada (missed) prayers be performed instead of sunnah prayers? Can a person who has to perform qada prayers perform sunnah prayers?
- Can the sunnah prayers that are abandoned due to some obligations be performed as qada (missed) prayers afterwards?
- How many missed (qada) prayer should a person who has a lot of missed prayers perform a day?