Can one leave fard prayers intentionally and postpone them to perform later as qada (compensation prayer) because of his/her working hours? Is performing qada every day a sin? Do salahs (prayers) become invalid?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 13:25
Dear Brother / Sister,
Performing qada is necessary even if a person misses his prayers without any excuse. It is not permissible to postpone them and to perform later.
Praying is fard (obligatory) for every Muslim who is sane and has reached the age of puberty. If an employer does not allow performing prayers, one should quit the job if he/she does not have to work there. If the person has to work there, he/she should try to perform salahson time. It is not appropriate to miss fard salahs even if one does it for his work.
Questions on Islam
- What is the correct method of offering Qada Prayer? In what way is it beneficial?
- Qada (Missed) Prayers
- What is Compensatory prayer?
- What do you think about those who change their madhhab so as not to perform sunnah prayers?
- Can you give some information about not performing salah relying on the idea that sooner or later Allah will forgive me. Will there be a difference between those who perform their salahs and those who do not perform their salahs?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- Can qada (missed) prayers be performed instead of sunnah prayers? Can a person who has to perform qada prayers perform sunnah prayers?
- Can a Muslim postpone his/her prayers because of working?
- Did the Prophet (pbuh) ever miss any prayers and perform qada (missed) prayers?
- When and how are the missed (qada) prayers performed? Are the sunnah prayers performed as well?