Is fasting invalidated if a person swallows the skin of his lips or his nails?
Submitted by on Wed, 16/12/2020 - 12:31
Dear Brother / Sister,
Fasting is not invalidated if a person swallows unknowingly things that come off from his body like the skin of his lips or his nails. Fasting is not invalidated if he is not sure that he has swallowed or if he doubts.
If the pieces that are swallowed are as small as sesame seeds, fasting is not invalidated. However, if they are bigger than sesame seeds and if they are swallowed knowingly, fasting is invalidated and it becomes necessary to perform fasting as qada afterwards for one day only.
Questions on Islam
- How are nails cut in accordance with the Sunnah? What are the manners of cutting nails?
- How to clip nails according to the sunnah? What is the appropriate way of clipping nails?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- What a fasting person should do as a Kaffarah (Atonement) when he/she does one of the things that invalidate the fast?
- We know that God does not create any futile things. Then, what is the use of foot nails? Would it not be better if they did not grow and remain stable?
- Is it permissible to wear contact lenses while fasting?
- Special File for Ramadan
- Can a junub person (who has to make ghusl) perform fasting? How should one make ghusl when he is junub?
- Is it permissible to make ghusl/have a bath while fasting? How should one sniff water into his nostrils and gargle?
- Is it permissible to continue eating and drinking at suhur when adhan is being called?