We know that God does not create any futile things. Then, what is the use of foot nails? Would it not be better if they did not grow and remain stable?
Submitted by on Fri, 23/09/2011 - 10:19
Dear Brother / Sister,
Author: Adem Tatlı (Prof.Dr.)
Your question has already includes the answer; “God does not create any futile things.” However, we might not know the purpose of the creation of that thing.
When we look at our environment, nothing remains stable; there is a constant change. Spring comes; then it leaves its place to summer and after that, autumn and winter follow. Of course, one of the many wisdoms of it is that God shows His actions and possession in the universe to humans and reminds humans of them. God changes the garment of a tree which is peculiar to winter with the new one when spring comes. By doing so, man is asked to know the power of God (Qudrah) behind this event.
Man’s attention is drawn with these changes in every season and he is demanded to look at the changes in his body. Growing of nails must be one these signs. What we say here concerning the growing of nails may be only some reasons that God wished to aim because, while the reasons for creating a thing which is known by us is one, the number of the reasons known by God is one thousand.
One thing that comes to our mind concerning the growing of nails is that man is left to feel the change in his/her body and he/she is reminded that his/her organs are renewing constantly and he/she is constantly under control by a creator who has infinite power.
The elements that constitute a nail may generate nail like forms in the heart, eyes or stomach or even in blood vessels. We should contemplate and thank God that He did not create nails in blood vessels or let them grow backwardly, that is to say, toward the inside of our foot instead of outward direction.
If the human body were under the control of coincidences as it is claimed by atheist evolutionists, then, everything would be in chaos; nails might be inside of mouth or teeth might be in the place of nails. For this reason, it is not enough no matter how much we thank and praise God. The best and the most common praising of this kind is salah.
So, God wants us to see the changes in our body and to realize that all of the actions that take place there are for the continuation of our lives and He really loves us and covers us with His infinite compassion.
Questions on Islam
- The Proofs of Creation # 7: The Proof of the Bestowal of a Soul
- How to clip nails according to the sunnah? What is the appropriate way of clipping nails?
- Gleams: Flowers from the Seeds of Reality. A short ‘Mathnawi’ and collection on the subject of belief for the Risale-i Nur students.
- What are the evidences in the human body that show the creator?
- Good and Evil in Islam
- Second Aim: The duties of atoms and molecules in forming various matters.
- When there is no bad and good, no wrong and right, no aim, no test in the paradise, Isn't the life in Paradise aimless?
- How are nails cut in accordance with the Sunnah? What are the manners of cutting nails?
- The Proofs of Creation # 12: The Proof of Wisdom
- THE IDEOLOGICAL FOUNDATION OF ISLAM