Could you please give the hadiths and verses related with Patience, What are the rewards of calamities and troubles?
Submitted by on Mon, 04/10/2010 - 14:20
Dear Brother / Sister,
Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives and the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere.― Who say: when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah we belong and to Him is our return." They are those on whom (descend) blessings from their Lord and Mercy and they are the ones that receive guidance. (Al-Baqara, 155-157)
No calamity, even if it were the prick of a thorn, shall be unreciprocated. That has a reward, too. This hadith shed light on this truth:
Abu Hurairah narrates: “Whenever a Muslim is afflicted with a hardship, sickness, sadness, worry, harm, or depression – even a thorn’s prick, Allah expiates his sins because of it.” (Bukhari, Marda,1;Muslim, One, 52).
There are many hadiths about patience. The hadith narrated by Imam Ahmad is enough for understanding the subject.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said; “The decision/judgment of Allah for believers makes me considerably happy as follows; a believer praises and thanks Allah if something good happens to him, and praises Allah and shows endurance if he is smitten by affliction. The believer is rewarded for everything, even for the morsel he raises to his wife's mouth” (Ahmad b. Hanbal, 1/173).
This hadith shows that a Muslim’s life is always full of profits. He/she shows endurance at the time of troubles and in return he gets reward; he thanks when in comfort and gets reward again. How happy are believers who spend their lives in the way of truth!
Any trouble that befalls of a Muslim is definitely a benefaction: It either deletes his/her past sins or prevents any upcoming troubles or calamities. It is either a notice or a warning or a test for increasing his/her spiritual rank further.
Now that Allah Almighty has created this universe to make Himself known, so if there were not any kind of diseases and calamities in this worldly life, wouldn’t our knowing Him come true all the same? Then what is the wisdom of such an ordaining?
Questions on Islam
- How should we comprehend Patience? What is it and what it is not? In which situations should we show patience?
- What are the effects of ethics on society?
- We suffer a lot of hardships in the world. We are in a terrible state. I really need help. I have doubts about the existence of god. What should I do?
- The Quranic verse an-Nisa, 79. Prophets did not commit sins and yet they experienced the biggest of calamities. What is the reason? Moreover, Did the Prophet tell in his hadiths that for what reasons calamities would occur?
- How should our style (method) be in (conveying the message of Islam, propagation of Islam)? How should I convey the message of Islam to people who despise Islam?
- It is said that good people always win, however, it seems that the good ones always lose. Bad people always win both materially and spiritually. What is the reason of this?
- What are the things that are not shown patience and consent?
- Is there a hadith which is translated as “Do not summon troubles?
- How can we understand whether Allah loves us? Do the troubles that we have show that Allah does not like us?
- The Prayers are fine, but to perform them every single day five times is a lot. Since they never end, it becomes wearying. What should we do?