Is there a hadith which is translated as “Do not summon troubles?
Submitted by on Mon, 21/06/2010 - 16:52
Dear Brother / Sister,
We could not find this statement in the sources. However, there are certain narrations which remind that meaning:
When the Prophet, peace and blessings upon him, heard someone say, “O my Lord! I ask for patience from you.” He said, “You asked for trouble from Allah. Ask for wellbeing from Him!” (Tirmidhi, Daawat, 91 )
The Prophet (PBUH) said, “It is not appropriate for a Believer to denigrate his/her self to despicableness.” When people asked what “one’s denigrating one’s self to despicableness” meant, he said: “One’s setting oneself as target for troubles which one cannot undertake is to denigrate his/her self to despicableness.” (Tirmidhi, fitan, 67; Ibn Maja, fitan, 31)
Abu Hurayra narrates: “Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) would take refuge in Allah against encountering difficult troubles, falling into ordeals, evil accidents and against falling into situations which make enemies happy.” (Bukhari, Daawat, 28)
There are hadiths which advise people to take refuge in Allah against the same situations. (Bukhari, Qadar, 13)
Questions on Islam
- Will you write me a prayer that will help me get rid of distress?
- How are the ways of saying prayers (making dua) in verses and hadiths?
- Is the hadith about the acceptance of prayers on Friday sound?
- Could you please give the hadiths and verses related with Patience, What are the rewards of calamities and troubles?
- Why do we repeat duas (supplications) three times?
- Can you give the hadiths regarding the mercy and pardoning of Allah for the sinful slaves on the Day of Judgment?
- Could you please give information about the wisdom and benefits of reciting/reading Ayat al-Kursi?
- Is this a hadith?; “A person is not blamed because of his love of his nation” If it is a hadith then could you please explain it?
- Did the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) know about the future?
- Is there a hadith meaning that a guest brings with himself ten bounties, eats one of them and leaves the rest nine to the host?