Is there a hadith which is translated as “Do not summon troubles?
Submitted by on Mon, 21/06/2010 - 16:52
Dear Brother / Sister,
We could not find this statement in the sources. However, there are certain narrations which remind that meaning:
When the Prophet, peace and blessings upon him, heard someone say, “O my Lord! I ask for patience from you.” He said, “You asked for trouble from Allah. Ask for wellbeing from Him!” (Tirmidhi, Daawat, 91 )
The Prophet (PBUH) said, “It is not appropriate for a Believer to denigrate his/her self to despicableness.” When people asked what “one’s denigrating one’s self to despicableness” meant, he said: “One’s setting oneself as target for troubles which one cannot undertake is to denigrate his/her self to despicableness.” (Tirmidhi, fitan, 67; Ibn Maja, fitan, 31)
Abu Hurayra narrates: “Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) would take refuge in Allah against encountering difficult troubles, falling into ordeals, evil accidents and against falling into situations which make enemies happy.” (Bukhari, Daawat, 28)
There are hadiths which advise people to take refuge in Allah against the same situations. (Bukhari, Qadar, 13)
Questions on Islam
- Is there a hadith meaning that a guest brings with himself ten bounties, eats one of them and leaves the rest nine to the host?
- Is there a hadith as follows?: "Never will succeed such a nation as lets their affairs carried out by a woman."
- Would you please explain the hadiths related to thanking people for a favor they have done?
- Could you please explain and tell the difference between "Karamah" and "Istidraj"?
- Could you please explain this hadith; Do not curse on time, nor be angry with it, because Allah is the very self of time.
- Could you please explain the verse: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer):” (Surah Ghafir, 60)
- Is this a hadith?; “A person is not blamed because of his love of his nation” If it is a hadith then could you please explain it?
- Could you please give the hadiths and verses related with Patience, What are the rewards of calamities and troubles?
- Could you please explain the hadith which means whoever criticizes his brother/sister (in religion) for his/her sin, he will not die unless he commits the same sin?
- Who are the people that are mentioned as people from those of old and those of later times in the 13 and 14th verses of the chapter al-Waqia?