What are the things that are not shown patience and consent?
Submitted by on Sat, 25/12/2010 - 13:06
Dear Brother / Sister,
As a moral concept, patience, has the meaning of resistance, endurance lexically, means not to complain to anyone but Allah (SWT), not to grumble or groan about the calamities that befall, but thinking the worldly and otherworldly benefits on the face of difficulties and unpleasant things that are difficult to endure so as not to derogate the psychological balance.
Patience starts after man has done everything necessary.
While consent means “being content, satisfied with, accepting and choosing” lexically, in Islamic Sufism, it is defined as peace and silence of heart on the face of fate’s bitter consequences.
Generally, consent expresses not to protest the decree and qada. It is not necessary to accept a wrong thing because giving consent to cruelty is cruelty and giving consent to unbelief is unbelief.
It is not appropriate to show patience and consent oppression and injustice, to an illness without seeking treatment and to poverty without working and to similar problems without trying to escape from them.
Questions on Islam
- How should we comprehend Patience? What is it and what it is not? In which situations should we show patience?
- How can I get rid of jealousy?
- Can you give information about the beating of wives?
- What are the effects of ethics on society?
- “And incline not to those who do wrong, or the Fire will seize you…” (Surah Hud 11/113) Are we going to be included in the scope of this verse if we have tendency towards the wrong-doers without any malicious intention?
- How should our style (method) be in (conveying the message of Islam, propagation of Islam)? How should I convey the message of Islam to people who despise Islam?
- The Quranic verse an-Nisa, 79. Prophets did not commit sins and yet they experienced the biggest of calamities. What is the reason? Moreover, Did the Prophet tell in his hadiths that for what reasons calamities would occur?
- We suffer a lot of hardships in the world. We are in a terrible state. I really need help. I have doubts about the existence of god. What should I do?
- What are the things that we idolize in ourselves?
- How did human beings go to and settle in continents? How did they go especially to America?