Can I read islamic books with out wudu
Submitted by on Mon, 06/09/2010 - 04:40
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not permissible to touch the verses of the Qur’an without ablution (wudu) however; you can touch the parts of the book where there are prayers. A person without ablution can read the Qur’an from his/her memory. Or He/she can read the verses of the Qur’an without touching them by only looking.
Questions on Islam
- Is it religiously permitted to read the Qur'an commentary books without (wudu) ablution? If permitted, is it permissible for women to read them when they are in menstruation period?
- Can women touch the translations of the Qur'an when they are in menstruation period and when they do not have wudu (ablution)?
- Can a woman take ablution (wudu) and perform prayer (salat) with make-up?
- Is it permissible to recite the holy Qur'an without taking ghusl (Major Ablution)?
- Can I read Quran without wudhu and lying down on bed?
- I make wudu, wear makeup and perform prayers after that. Is it permissible? Is it permissible to perform prayers after wearing perfume?
- Does a person have to take wudu before reading the Quran on computer?
- Is the wudu (ablution) invalidated when a man touches the skin of a woman or when a woman touches the skin of a man?