Is it permissible to recite the holy Qur'an without taking ghusl (Major Ablution)?
Submitted by on Thu, 13/08/2009 - 19:31
Dear Brother / Sister,
Qur'an is the word of Allah. It is not permissible to touch the Qur'an without ablution since in the 79th verse of the surah Al-waqıa (56th surah) it is said; “(the Quran) Which none shall touch but those who are clean.” Although some commentators comment on this verse in another way, Islamic scholars have reached a consensus that touching the Qur’an without ablution is not permissible.
However, one without ablution can read Qur’an without touching it and one can recite the surahs those one knows by heart.
If one needs to perform full ablution (ghusl), one cannot read or recite the Qur’an or cannot touch it as well. One can recite some verses and surahs like Ayatal- Kursi, Fatiha and Ikhlas with the intention of praying.
For more information, please click on the link given below
Questions on Islam
- Can I read islamic books with out wudu
- Is it permissible for menstruating women to read the Holy Qur’an and its translation; is it also necessary to cover the head while reading?
- Can I read Quran without wudhu and lying down on bed?
- about quran
- For a woman who has made a miscarriage, is there a period of waiting to recover? How should be acted if it is not sure whether the organs of the child were formed?
- Blessed Night
- Can women touch the translations of the Qur'an when they are in menstruation period and when they do not have wudu (ablution)?
- Does a person have to take wudu before reading the Quran on computer?