Is it permissible to perform prayers by applying a colorless nail polisher?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 16:06
Dear Brother / Sister,
A nail polisher prevents wudu (ablution) and ghusl (major ablution). For this reason, wudu and ghusl will not be valid. Wudu and ghusl are not performed before removing the polishers if they form a layer on the nails and thus prevent water from penetrating to the nail.
Questions on Islam
- Can prayers performed with wudu (ablution) which is made with polished nails?
- Is it permissible for woman to perform prayers with make-up on her? Does cream and lipstick prevent wudu (ablution)?
- Is it permissible for a women to make up in the religion of Islam?
- Is it permissible to pray with a wudu (ablution) which is performed disorderly: assuming that we wash one of the parts of wudu once, the other twice and an another one thrice?
- Are mucus and phlegm accepted as 'najis' (dirty) by religion? Do they prevent prayer from being accepted when smudged on the cloth?
- How should a person who just had an operation make ghusl? Is ghusl permissible if I wipe over the parts that have bandage? How should a person wash the places that are covered with sticking plasters or bandage while making wudu?
- Is it permissible to have a tattoo done? Is it necessary to remove the tattoo? Do tattoos harm ghusl, wudu and other worships?
- Is it permissible to perform ghusl while being naked? Is it permissible to urinate in the place where we bath?..
- What is Wudu (Ablution)?