Submitted by on Tue, 16/09/2008 - 14:35
Dear Brother / Sister,
We can want or prefer a son or girl baby, but we mustn't be persistent since we do not know what is favourable for us. We should pray for a favourable child and in the end we should consent to the consequence.
Ones who want a girl should recite surah Al-Ihlas (112th chapter of Hooly Quran) with bismillah three times and then recite the pray "Allahumma'c'alni min ladunka dhurriyatan tayyibetan mutiatan" (means: O my Lord! bestow upon me a clean and respectful descendant) before the relation.
Questions on Islam
- What are the prayers to be recited in order to have a baby?
- Could you tell us some prayers for having a child?
- How should we inform our children about sexuality?
- Is there a hadith regarding reciting adhan to the ear of a newborn baby? Will you mention a resource, event, etc about it? (How did it start and who started it?)
- Is it haram for a father to change his newborn baby's diaper?
- What should a person who performs salah (prayer) in congregation in a middle line in a big mosque do if his wudu (ablution) is broken?
- I am a woman who does not wear hijab but I perform prayers. Are the prayers performed by a woman who does not wear hijab valid?
- Can Girls Marry When They Are Nine Years Old?
- The Seventh Word: This part is about performing the five daily prayers and avoiding committing sins. What are patience, tawakkul (trust in God), shukr (thanking) and contentment? How is fear of Allah achieved?
- Some say it is not religiously permissible to determine a certain time while borrowing and lending; is it true?