Could you tell us some prayers for having a child?
Submitted by on Wed, 02/12/2009 - 17:24
Dear Brother / Sister,
Prayer to be recited for having a baby
One must ask from Allah what is best for him/her. We may not know what is good or bad for us. As it is stated in one verse of the Quran, sometimes it may be good for us what we assume to be bad and vice versa. Therefore, we must demand the best of everything from Allah, including a child. Of course, having a baby is everyone’s wish. And it is supported by the laws of creation. However, in some cases, it may be better for someone not to have a baby.
Families without kids may strive for removing the causes of failing to have kids and try to have a baby. However, if all the efforts for having a baby do not work, it is not good to make it a big problem or to insist that much. Perhaps it is better for them. Perhaps they would have faced unexpected troubles if they had had a kid, and thus Allah did not give them a child in order protect them. Yes, one may wish to have a baby, try to have one, but must not cross the line and turn it into an obsession. One must always ask for the best from Allah. May Allah give us the best of everything. Amen
1. "Inna rabbaka huwa al-khallaqu alAAaleemu" This verse:“Surely, your Lord knows all kinds of creation”, must be repeated 1267 times, day and night, for three months.
2. Or "Fa-llāhu huwa l-waliyyu wa-huwa yuhyi" This verse: “Surely, Allah is the friend and He is the Creator” verse must be repeated 289 times before intercourse.
3. Or the verse "Huwa Allahu al khaliqu albario" Or this verse: “He is the Creator from nothing” must be repeated 1054 times”
4. Or, with the condition that, the woman has no medical problems, the woman who does not have a baby, must write “Bismillahirrahmanirrahim - In the name of Allah, the most merciful, the most compassionate” on a clean piece of paper 110 times, then keep the paper on her, and have intercourse with her spouse, she will get pregnant by the leave of Allah. (She must keep the paper on her body till she gets pregnant)
Prayer for having a son
(Be it son or daughter, but let it have a smooth face and hands) is a true saying that expresses an important truth. Indeed, we may not know whether a son or a daughter is good for us. We must also ask from Allah a good child. We can wish a boy or a girl. However, we must not be insistent. One must pray like this:
“O my God, We want from you a boy (or a girl), But you know better than us. Give us whatever is the best for us.” Yes, one must pray like that; and, whether it is a boy or a girl, one must never object or show displeasure . Besides, that reaction will be in vain because, it is not something that we can influence. It is entirely the judgment of God. No one has the authority to object His deeds. Such behavior never complies with the meaning of servitude or the meaning of a true Muslim. We must surrender to the fate and feel contented by His deeds. Let us repeat the sentence at the very beginning: (Be it son or daughter, but let it have a smooth face and hands. Amen
For begetting a son, one must read the Chapter al-Ikhlas three times and then read the following prayer:
"Allahummaj alni min ladunka zurriyyatan tayyibatan mutiatan."
MEANING: “O my God, grant me a pure and respectful generation from your high presence”
(Bilal Eren, The Big Treasure of Prayers with explanations, p 165-166)
Questions on Islam
- Is it an appropriate act to drink the water into which paper with some prayers is put into?
- What are the prayers to be recited in order to have a baby?
- How should a child be trained and religiously educated? How should we teach Allah to children?
- Prayers in Congregation
- How should we inform our children about sexuality?
- What is the wisdom behind reading al-Fatiha in every rak'ah of five daily prayers?
- Blessed Night
- What are the responsibilities the woman in the family and her duties toward her husband?
- Can you give information about adoption? Does the child who is adopted become a stranger to the adoptive mother when he grows up? And what is the religious decree to remove that state?
- Could you please list the rights of parents over their children?