What should i do if my hair was appearing during namaz?
Submitted by on Fri, 06/02/2009 - 15:12
Dear Brother / Sister,
Men and women are expected to cover their ‘awrah’ parts during salat. ‘Awrah’ parts are different for men and women.
For men it is between the belly hole and the knees. For women it is all the body except the hands and the face. If these ‘awrah’ parts are opened during the salat, the salat becomes invalid. But there are some details.
According to the Hanafi sect, if someone starts the salat having the necessary covering and then an ‘awrah’ area of his or her body is opened accidentally, the amount of the opened area and the period it remains open is taken into consideration when making a decision. If less than one fourth of a limb remains open for a time in which one can say “Subhan'Allah” three times, then the salat does not become invalid; but if it lasts longer, it makes the salat invalid.
We kindly request you to decide according to this criterion.
Questions on Islam
- I would like to get some information about Tahajjud.
- The right way to take ablution
- Is seafood Haram or Halal?
- menstruation problem
- Is it permissible for Muslims to eat meat slaughtered by Non-Muslims?
- Is having an abortion religiously permissible?
- baby girl
- Is the prayer of a man invalidated if his waist is opened in prayer? I am very tall; therefore, my waist is opened in prayer no matter what I wear. Is it regarded as an excuse?
- What are the decrees about awrah places being opened while performing prayers? Is it permissible to perform prayers wearing a garment with a hole as big as a walnut a bit over the knee?