I would like to get some information about Tahajjud.
Submitted by on Mon, 02/03/2009 - 17:55
Dear Brother / Sister,
About the time of the tahajjud (the night pray which is performed by getting up after sleeping a while during night), according to the coming narrations it is advised to revive the night with supplications, repentance and performing prayer in the middle of the night or last part. About this subject in many narrations which mentions about actual Sunnah (the sayings and doings of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), which form a basis for much of Islamic law) it is stated that Our Prophet (pbuh) used to perform the isha prayer (night prayer) and go to the bad without performing the witr prayer (a prayer performed after the late evening or night prayer until dawn). And used to wake up again towards the middle of the night or just after the midnight, and then begin to worship. And after performing prayer for a while, used to perform the witr prayer, then the first sunnah prayer of the fajr prayer (the dawn or early morning prayer).
It is better for one who has a fear of not being able to wake up at night to perform the witr prayer just after the isha prayer (salath) then go to sleep. After performing the tahajjud prayer, one may go to sleep again and get up for the fajr prayer. There is no drawback for that.
For further information about tahajjud see the link below.
Questions on Islam
- menstruation problem
- Is having an abortion religiously permissible?
- What should i do if my hair was appearing during namaz?
- Is it permissible for Muslims to eat meat slaughtered by Non-Muslims?
- Is seafood Haram or Halal?
- The right way to take ablution
- When and how is tahajjud prayer performed and how is niyyah made?
- At what time of the night is it more appropriate to perform tahajjud prayer?
- How was the sleeping pattern of the Prophet (pbuh)?
- What are the sunna prayers (the prayers performed by our Prophet Muhammad-pbuh-, and performing of which are recommended but not obligatory)?