What are the virtues of Tahajjud Prayer?
Submitted by on Sat, 05/09/2009 - 01:21
Dear Brother / Sister,
There are so many narrated hadiths (Our Prophet’s (pbuh) sayings and deeds) about the virtue of the tahajjud prayer. One of the meanings of a hadith among them is as follows:
“When one third of the night remains, every night, Our Lord, Allah, the All-Mighty says as follows till the dawn to break:
‘Whoever wants me something, I shall give. Whoever supplicates to me, I shall accept his/her pray. Whoever repents, I shall forgive him/her.’”
The narrator of that hadith Hazrath Ebu Hurayra (may Allah grant him peace) adds the following sentence:
“For this reason, the companions of Our Prophet (pbuh) used to prefer performing prayer at the end of the night rather than before the night.” (Ibni Mace, Ikamatu’s-Salat: 182).
Generally, there are so many sound and actual Sunnah narrations in the hadith books about reviving the nights with worship. One part of those narrations are generally about the virtue of the night prayers (Muslim, 1163; Tirmizi, 438...)
For more Information about "Tahajjud Prayer", please click on the links given below;
Questions on Islam
- Could you please give information about the wisdom and benefits of reciting/reading Ayat al-Kursi?
- When a person eats or drinks alcohol or something unlawful, does s/he really lose his/her religion (belief) for 40 days?
- Does evil-eye kill a person? What kind of precautions can be taken against evil-eye? What are the reasons of evil-eye? Is it permissible to wear an evil-eye bead?
- Can you inform us about the Importance of Prayer by considering these two Hadiths?
- How is salat-ul janazah (funeral prayer) performed?
- Does the bodily fluid, "Mazi" require Ghusl (major ablution)?
- Rawatib Prayers
- I would like to get some information about Tahajjud.
- Is there a hadith that prohibits sleeping before performing the night prayer and that prohibits talking after performing the night prayer?
- Are there any supplications (duas) to be said before or after Tahajjud prayer?