Are Salli and Barik prayers recited in the first sitting of the sunnah of the asr (afternoon) prayer?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 17:53
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is sunnah to recite salawat to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) after at-tahiyyat in the last sitting of the prayers of fard, witr and muakkad sunnahs; and in all sittings of ghayr muakkad sunnahs and nafilah prayers.
Accordingly, it is sunnah to recite the prayers of Salli and Barik after at-tahiyyat of the first sitting of the sunnah of the isha (night) and the sunnah of the asr (afternoon) prayers.
A person who does not recite these prayers are considered to have left a sunnah but it is not necessary for him/her to perform sajda as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness). For, not performing a sunnah in the prayer does not require sajda as sahw.
Questions on Islam
- Will you please explain the ruling "it is fard to sit long enough to recite the dua (prayer) of at-tahiyyat in the last sitting (Qa'da al-Akhira) of prayer"? Is man obliged to sit in silence for a while in the last sitting of prayer?
- Is it necessary to perform the sunnah prayers of the asr (afternoon) and isha (night) prayers all the time?
- Is sajdah as-sahw (prostration of forgetfulness) necessary if someone reads surah of al-Fatiha instead of at-Tahiyyat by mistake in the first or last sitting of prayer?
- Why do we need to read Subhanaka supplication when we stand up for the third rak’ah after the first sitting when we perform the sunnah prayers of the afternoon (asr) and night (isha) prayers?
- Is prayer invalidated if a person reads the supplication "Tukhrijna" after at-Tahiyyat, Salli and Barik supplications in the last sitting?
- Why do we read salli-barik prayers in the first sitting of the first sunnah of the afternoon and night salahs? In case of forgetting to read them, do we have to make sajda as-sahw?
- Reciting aloud while performing prayer
- Sajdah as-Sahw
- Wajibs of prayer
- What are the situations that necessitate sajdah as-sahw? Is it necessary to perform sajdah as-sahw in sunnah prayers?