Is it necessary to perform the sunnah prayers of the asr (afternoon) and isha (night) prayers all the time?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 09:52
Dear Brother / Sister,
The sunnah prayers of the asr (afternoon) and isha (night) are non muakkad sunnahs; that is, they are not the continuous practices of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) but the sunnahs that he sometimes used to do and sometimes gave up. Practicing them are very rewarding (thawab) but giving them up is not a sin.
Questions on Islam
- Are Salli and Barik prayers recited in the first sitting of the sunnah of the asr (afternoon) prayer?
- Sunnah Ghair Muakkadah
- Is it permissible to perform sunnah prayers which are needed to be performed before fard after fard? For example, performing the sunnah of the fajr prayer after its fard in order to catch up with the jamaah (congregation).
- Is it necessary to perform the Qada (missed) prayer of Witr of which we do not offer in its prescribed time?
- What is the importance of sunnah prayers? Is it enough to perform only fard prayers?
- Why do we need to read Subhanaka supplication when we stand up for the third rak’ah after the first sitting when we perform the sunnah prayers of the afternoon (asr) and night (isha) prayers?
- How is Prayer (salah) performed? Will you please explain orderly through video clips?
- In places where the time of salat isha (night prayer) does not start or starts but there is very little time, when will the night prayer be performed?
- Can any qada (missed) prayers be performed after the asr (afternoon) prayer or only the qada of asr (afternoon) prayer?