If a person cannot perform the first sunnah of the noon prayer before the fard prayer, which one should he perform after the fard first; the first sunnah or the last sunnah? What should be the order like?
Submitted by on Fri, 13/10/2017 - 15:08
Dear Brother / Sister,
Some sunnah prayers that cannot be performed in time can be performed after the fard prayer in its own time. For instance, if a person does not perform the first sunnah of the noon prayer in order to perform the fard prayer in congregation, he performs the last sunnah after the fard prayer and the two-rak'ah sunnah after it.
If the first sunnah of the Friday prayer cannot be performed before the sermon (khutbah), it is performed as qada after the fard of the Friday prayer. The sunnah prayers of the noon and Friday prayers that are performed as two rak'ahs and left in the middle are performed as four rak'ahs as qada after the fard prayer like that.
The sunnah prayers of the other daily prayers except these sunnahs are not performed as qada (missed) prayers when they are not performed in time. For instance, the sunnah prayers of the afternoon (asr) and night (isha) prayers are not performed if they are not performed before the fard prayers.
Questions on Islam
- Can the sunnah prayers that are abandoned due to some obligations be performed as qada (missed) prayers afterwards?
- Is it permissible to perform sunnah prayers which are needed to be performed before fard after fard? For example, performing the sunnah of the fajr prayer after its fard in order to catch up with the jamaah (congregation).
- What is the decree about missed (qada) prayers? When and how are they performed? How should one say niyyah (intention) for them?
- What should we do if iqamah is called while we are performing a sunnah prayer?
- When and how are the missed (qada) prayers performed? Are the sunnah prayers performed as well?
- Why do we need to read Subhanaka supplication when we stand up for the third rak’ah after the first sitting when we perform the sunnah prayers of the afternoon (asr) and night (isha) prayers?
- What is the importance of sunnah prayers? Is it enough to perform only fard prayers?
- Is it permissible to perform prayers when Friday sermon is delivered? Is it not fard to listen to Friday sermon?
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (The First Sunnah)
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (Fard)