What are the Fards of Wudu?
There are four fards of wudu:
1 – To wash the face once...
2 – To wash the hands up the elbows, including the elbows...
3 – To wash the feet including the heels...
4 – To rub one-fourth of the head with wet hand...
It is fard to wash the arm, face and the feet at least once during wudu. If they are washed three times, then the sunnah is also fulfilled.
All of the Sunni scholars agree on those four fards of wudu. However, the other three madhhabs except Hanafi madhhab have added some other conditions. For instance, intention is fard before beginning to make wudu for the three madhhabs; to utter basmala is fard according to Hanbalis; to perform the fards in the order that is mentioned in the verse (tartib) is fard according to Shafiis and Hanbalis; to perform them without any interruption (muwalat) is fard according to Malikis and Hanbalis.
- the proper way to perform Wudhu.
- What are the sunnahs of ghusl?
- What are the Sunnahs of Wudu?
- Cleaning from Spiritual Dirt (Hadath): WUDU
- How to make wudu?
- How Many Kinds of Wudu are There?
- How to make ghusl?
- Wiping (Masah) over the Khuffs (Leather Socks)
- What is Wudu (Ablution)?
- What are the Necessary Conditions for Wudu to Become Valid?