Will the pains a person who dies by being burnt or drowned suffers be atonement for his sins?
Submitted by on Thu, 21/03/2019 - 15:18
Dear Brother / Sister,
The Prophet attracts attention to the fact that a woman who dies during childbirth, the believers who die by being drowned and burnt are regarded as martyrs in addition to those who die in war. (Ibn Majah, Jihad, 17)
The misfortunes that hit man will be atonement for his sins. Therefore, when a person who dies in a fire or when he is drowned, this kind of death will be atonement for his sins and will elevate him to the degree of martyrdom.
Abu Hurayra narrates:
"Be moderate and stand firm in trouble that falls to the lot of a Muslim (as that) is an expiation for him; even stumbling on the path or the pricking of a thorn (are an expiation for him)." (Muslim, Birr 52)
The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) consoles believers and states that being moderate will be a kind of shield for them. If a believer commits some sins due to becoming human, his Merciful Lord creates some causes to clean them: All kinds of problems, misfortunes and accidents that distress a believer. No matter how they happen, they are regarded as atonement for sins if a believer tries to find the truth and does not tend to do bad deeds deliberately.
The importance of good will is seen here too. That is the meaning of trying to find the truth in deeds.
The hadith also shows how sensitive the Companions are in the face of sins and how alert and meticulous they are related to the issues involving the hereafter.
Questions on Islam
- What are the harms done by sins to man?
- I will pay the penalty in Hell but I will live in the world as I wish. I will not come to this world again; therefore, I will enjoy all kinds of pleasures and commit sins. I will go to Paradise in the end anyway since I am a Muslim.
- How should it be evaluated that a person who starts to perform prayers and acts carefully to obey the orders of the religion becomes peaceful and happy, and things go smoothly for him?
- Will you give information about Allah's names?
- Are the sins between two prayers forgiven? If yes, which ones are forgiven and which ones are not forgiven?
- What is the decree on the head-scarf in Islam? To what kind of danger does going out without a headscarf lead women?
- What are the ways of protection from Satan?
- Is a person who is insane held responsible for the sins he commits?
- Why does Allah allow bad deeds to be committed in this world? Is it not injustice to watch oppression, injustice and evil without doing anything?
- Is there penalty in the grave? What are the verses in the Quran related to penalty in the grave? If there is penalty in the grave, will it be for the body or the spirit? Is penalty in the grave contrary to Allah’s mercy?