Will the pains a person who dies by being burnt or drowned suffers be atonement for his sins?
Submitted by on Thu, 21/03/2019 - 15:18
Dear Brother / Sister,
The Prophet attracts attention to the fact that a woman who dies during childbirth, the believers who die by being drowned and burnt are regarded as martyrs in addition to those who die in war. (Ibn Majah, Jihad, 17)
The misfortunes that hit man will be atonement for his sins. Therefore, when a person who dies in a fire or when he is drowned, this kind of death will be atonement for his sins and will elevate him to the degree of martyrdom.
Abu Hurayra narrates:
"Be moderate and stand firm in trouble that falls to the lot of a Muslim (as that) is an expiation for him; even stumbling on the path or the pricking of a thorn (are an expiation for him)." (Muslim, Birr 52)
The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) consoles believers and states that being moderate will be a kind of shield for them. If a believer commits some sins due to becoming human, his Merciful Lord creates some causes to clean them: All kinds of problems, misfortunes and accidents that distress a believer. No matter how they happen, they are regarded as atonement for sins if a believer tries to find the truth and does not tend to do bad deeds deliberately.
The importance of good will is seen here too. That is the meaning of trying to find the truth in deeds.
The hadith also shows how sensitive the Companions are in the face of sins and how alert and meticulous they are related to the issues involving the hereafter.
Questions on Islam
- Will the trouble suffered in the family be atonement for sins?
- It is said that disasters are atonements for sins. However, innocent and pious people may also suffer from disasters. How do you explain this?
- What is the wisdom behind the misfortunes that hit us unavoidably?
- Will you explain the destruction of children and animals in the nations that are destroyed?
- Can we transform troubles, misfortunes and illnesses into good things for us? How?
- Life in the Grave is True
- Does every trouble and misfortune that hits man come because of his sin?
- What does ‘The world is a dungeon for the believer and Paradise for the unbeliever’ mean?
- They say a woman who gives birth is purified of her sins. Is it true?
- The slander that Allah does not know the deeds that man will do..