"Allah gives trouble to His slaves that He loves." How should we evaluate it if we do not have much trouble?
Submitted by on Wed, 05/10/2016 - 01:17
Dear Brother / Sister,
In general, friends of Allah undergo a lot of pains and trouble in order to reach Allah and their rank. We do not have any trouble or pains, thank God.
Allah gives trouble to His slaves that He loves. As a matter of fact, the people that undergo the most trouble and misfortunes in the world are prophets.
However, if a believer does not undergo any trouble or pains, it does not mean that he is spiritually in a bad position. The following conclusion cannot be made: "Everybody who undergoes pains and trouble is a good person; everybody who does not undergo any pains and trouble is a bad person."
Every misfortune that hits man will be atonement for his sins. In the hereafter, this will be a means of elimination of his punishment for his sins in return for some trouble in this world.
A person who undergoes trouble is tested whether he will show a lot of patience or not and a person who does not undergo any trouble is tested whether he will thank God a lot or not. Man can attain rewards in both ways.
Questions on Islam
- Can we transform troubles, misfortunes and illnesses into good things for us? How?
- Al-Qabid (The Withholder, The Restrainer)
- We suffer a lot of hardships in the world. We are in a terrible state. I really need help. I have doubts about the existence of god. What should I do?
- Does Allah do injustice to His slaves when He tests them?
- Does every trouble and misfortune that hits man come because of his sin?
- It is said that troubles are the reflections of the punishment of God. Is this the case for all the troubles?
- Why does Allah not prevent extreme evil deeds, wars, drought, etc if He is Rahim (the Merciful) and Rahman (the Compassionate)?
- What do you advise for involuntary resentment against Allah?
- Why does Allah allow bad deeds to be committed in this world? Is it not injustice to watch oppression, injustice and evil without doing anything?