"Allah gives trouble to His slaves that He loves." How should we evaluate it if we do not have much trouble?
Submitted by on Wed, 05/10/2016 - 01:17
Dear Brother / Sister,
In general, friends of Allah undergo a lot of pains and trouble in order to reach Allah and their rank. We do not have any trouble or pains, thank God.
Allah gives trouble to His slaves that He loves. As a matter of fact, the people that undergo the most trouble and misfortunes in the world are prophets.
However, if a believer does not undergo any trouble or pains, it does not mean that he is spiritually in a bad position. The following conclusion cannot be made: "Everybody who undergoes pains and trouble is a good person; everybody who does not undergo any pains and trouble is a bad person."
Every misfortune that hits man will be atonement for his sins. In the hereafter, this will be a means of elimination of his punishment for his sins in return for some trouble in this world.
A person who undergoes trouble is tested whether he will show a lot of patience or not and a person who does not undergo any trouble is tested whether he will thank God a lot or not. Man can attain rewards in both ways.
Questions on Islam
- We suffer a lot of hardships in the world. We are in a terrible state. I really need help. I have doubts about the existence of god. What should I do?
- Why does Allah (SWT) love His slaves?
- What does qurban (sacrificing an animal) mean? Why do Muslims sacrifice animals? What are the wisdoms behind it?
- How can I increase my love of Allah and the Prophet in me? I want my love toward them to be bigger.
- How do a believer and an unbeliever see the world?
- Will you explain through examples the positive effects of belief in Allah on man's life?
- Can we transform troubles, misfortunes and illnesses into good things for us? How?
- The Battle of Uhud
- How should we see the illnesses like depression and stress from the point of view of religion, how should one be treated spiritually? Are there any hadiths of our Prophet regarding the issue?