Is it wrong to cry, get angry and be sad when we face some troubles and calamities? How can we avoid having such feelings?
Submitted by on Tue, 04/01/2011 - 10:48
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not wrong to be sad and cry without revolting against Allah (SWT) during the time of troubles. As a matter of fact, our prophet Muhammad (PBUH) cried upon the death of his son, Hz. Abraham, near his grave. This shows that it is permissible to be sad during the troubles and calamities. However, it is necessary to avoid saying things which are considered revolting such as ‘why has this trouble come to me?’, ‘what did I make wrong to deserve these things?’ and so on.
Questions on Islam
- How should we see the illnesses like depression and stress from the point of view of religion, how should one be treated spiritually? Are there any hadiths of our Prophet regarding the issue?
- The Prayers are fine, but to perform them every single day five times is a lot. Since they never end, it becomes wearying. What should we do?
- How should our style (method) be in (conveying the message of Islam, propagation of Islam)? How should I convey the message of Islam to people who despise Islam?
- What is Delusion (waswasa)? Could You Inform Us of its Reasons?
- “And incline not to those who do wrong, or the Fire will seize you…” (Surah Hud 11/113) Are we going to be included in the scope of this verse if we have tendency towards the wrong-doers without any malicious intention?
- What are the reasons of troubles and calamities? Could you please explain the verses of Surah of al-Baqara, 155 and Surah Ash-Shura 30? Does Allah (SWT) give us troubles and calamities because of our sins or because of testing?
- What does Islam say about humor and joking? Could you please give examples from the jokes of the Prophet of mercy and his smiling face?
- Could you please give the hadiths and verses related with Patience, What are the rewards of calamities and troubles?
- Could you give information on stinginess?
- What should I do in order to make my eyes shed tears, my heart feel sad and soften my heart while performing prayers? What can prevent me from reaching this ideal?