Would you explain the verse, “And indeed We will make them taste of the Penalty of this (life) prior to the supreme Penalty in order that they may (repent and) return.” (Surah As-Sajda 32/21)
Submitted by on Tue, 12/04/2011 - 11:56
Dear Brother / Sister,
“And indeed We will make them taste of the Penalty of this (life) prior to the supreme Penalty in order that they may (repent and) return.” (Surah As-Sajda 32/21)
“The penalty of this life in the verse is the nearby torment; the supreme penalty is the torment of the hereafter.”
It can be said that there is an implication for deniers that they will definitely face the nearby torture and it aims at letting them return from the wrong way and with the expression given above the aforementioned individuals are subjected to troubles and depressions especially material-spiritual troubles, which may give them an opportunity to do soul-searching in the world-life. In the verse that follows, this meaning is supported with the remark that people who insist on their bigotry at the top of their wrongfulness, and as a result they certainly deserve the punishment. (Diyanet Tefsiri, Kur’an Yolu: IV/328).
Such warnings have a manifestation of divine mercy which is for the benefit of humans and another manifestation of His endless blessing. "One disaster is better than a thousand pieces of advice” is a well-known Turkish proverb.
Questions on Islam
- Surah 32. As-Sajda (The Prostration, Worship, Adoration)
- Can I have information about how we were created?
- Surah 37. As-Saffat (Those Who Set The Ranks, Drawn Up In Ranks)
- The Fallacy of Reincarnation Part 1: What is Reincarnation?, Does reincarnation (transmigration of the soul from one body to another) exist in the Quran?
- What are the verses about Angels, Jinn, and Devils?
- Are Paradise and Hell Eternal? What are the Evidences?
- Did the Prophet (pbuh) recite the chapters of al-Falaq and an-Nas in the morning prayer (fajr)?
- Could you please give information about Prophet Jonah (YUNUS)? (Upon whom be peace)
- If mountains are fixed, how can their erosion be explained?
- Surah 44. Ad-Dukhan (Smoke)