Will men in Paradise be beardless?
I read on a website that men in Paradise will have mustache but not beard, is that true? Will you please clarify this issue?
Submitted by on Sun, 06/08/2023 - 21:15
Dear Brother / Sister,
There is a hadith narration that the people of Paradise are beardless, that their bodies are hairless, their hair is curly, their skin is white, and their age is 30/33. (1)
This hadith narration is sound. (2)
Tirmidhi states that it is hasan. (3)
This are many reasons for it. One of them could be as follows:
Beard is a sign of dignity, adornment, and majesty for men. Since the faces of women in the world are a place of istimta and taqbil (making love and kissing), divine wisdom did not create beards on their faces.
In Paradise, men, like women, are a place of satisfaction of lustful feelings. It is more suitable for men to be beardless and have fair skin, and their adornment and beauty to shine openly. (4)
1) See Tabarani, Saghir, 1164; Abu Nuaym, Sifatul-Jannah, 226; Tirmidhi, 2545.
2) See Ibn Hibban, 5973.
3) See Tirmidhi, ibid
4) Cf. Ibn Qayyim, at-Tibyan fi Aqsamil-Quran, 317.
Questions on Islam
- Will the people of Paradise be bald?
- Do lizards evolve in ten years?
- Is the beard fard or just a Sunnah?
- About Growing Beards
- Do natural events such as daytime-night and winter and summer occur in Heaven?
- How did the Prophet take care of his beard? How wide and long should be a beard of Sunnah?
- Cracked Quran Software for Mobile Phones
- Is it permissible for male and female to color hair?
- Is it permissible for a Muslim man to keep a beard stylishly, without any religious intent or purpose?
- Is it compulsory to grow a mustache in Islam? Is a person who does not grow a mustache as big as a fist regarded sinful? Is there any hadith (saying of the Prophet) which states that growing a mustache is compulsory and that one cannot be a Muslim without