Is it permissible for male and female to color hair?
Submitted by on Sun, 18/10/2009 - 21:53
Dear Brother / Sister,
Males are permitted to dye their whitened hair and beards with henna or a similar dye. It is permitted for men to dye their hair. However, it is not permitted for aged men to dye their white hair black with the intention of seeming young. They can dye with another color.
Women can dye their hair in order to look beautiful to their husbands. But the dyes should not form a layer on the skin.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to dye one’s hair black?
- Is it permitted for women to pluck their eyebrows, to remove hairs on their face and between and around their eyebrows?
- Is it halal (lawful or permitted) for a woman to wear a wig, cut or dye her hair?
- Is it permissible for Muslim women to remove the extra hairs between or around her eyebrows?
- Tahara (Cleanliness or Purification)
- Is it permissible to have one's eyebrows dyed?
- Is it permissbile to remove all the hairs on my hands?
- How should a woman’s outside covering be? To what extent can hands and feet be uncovered? How should the head be covered?
- is husband allowed to beat his wife?