Is it permissible for male and female to color hair?
Submitted by on Sun, 18/10/2009 - 21:53
Dear Brother / Sister,
Males are permitted to dye their whitened hair and beards with henna or a similar dye. It is permitted for men to dye their hair. However, it is not permitted for aged men to dye their white hair black with the intention of seeming young. They can dye with another color.
Women can dye their hair in order to look beautiful to their husbands. But the dyes should not form a layer on the skin.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to dye one’s hair black?
- Is it permissible for Muslim women to remove the extra hairs between or around her eyebrows?
- Is it permitted for women to pluck their eyebrows, to remove hairs on their face and between and around their eyebrows?
- Tahara (Cleanliness or Purification)
- Is it halal (lawful or permitted) for a woman to wear a wig, cut or dye her hair?
- is husband allowed to beat his wife?
- Is it permissible to have one's eyebrows dyed?
- Is it permissbile to remove all the hairs on my hands?
- Is it permissible for women to paint their nails by polishing them?
- Can a woman in Islam shape her eye brows?