Is it permissible to have one's eyebrows dyed?
Submitted by on Thu, 10/03/2016 - 00:44
Dear Brother / Sister,
Dyeing the eyebrows is similar to dyeing the hair.
It is not permissible for a woman to dye her eyebrows and show it to non-mahram men.
Besides, it is fard to wash the eyebrows while making wudu and ghusl. Therefore, using dyes that do not allow water to touch the skin prevent wudu and ghusl.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible for women to paint their nails by polishing them?
- What is Wudu (Ablution)?
- Is it permissible for a women to make up in the religion of Islam?
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- Is it permissible to have a tattoo done? Is it necessary to remove the tattoo? Do tattoos harm ghusl, wudu and other worships?
- Wiping over Khuffs (Waterproof Footwear)
- Who are mahram men for a woman? Who are the men that are regarded as mahram and non-mahram for a woman? Are maternal and paternal uncles mahram?
- What are the rights of women in Islam? How do you answer the claims that Islam puts pressure and limitations on women?