Why are there restrictions for personal freedom in Islam? Why are humans not given the right of living as they wish?
Submitted by on Wed, 23/02/2011 - 12:03
Dear Brother / Sister,
Nowadays, in no country of the world do people have endless freedom because, endless freedom is animalism. There are many prohibitions in all constitutions and laws of the world.
We should not forget that the freedom of people who have to live socially is surrounded by restrictions that prevent harming others because other people also have freedom of not being harmed. If you give limitless freedom to the people that you imagine in your mind, not only will you limit the freedom of others but also harm them. The aim of the prohibitive points in laws is to prevent this harm.
Is there anyone who knows the condition of people better than glorious Allah (SWT)? Is there anyone who knows better than the sole creator of man, who knows with what kind of feelings, biological, psychological equipments He created the man, what the side effects of those equipments are and what kind of precautions should be taken in order to keep within bounds? The rules of Allah (SWT) are principles full of wisdoms. There are many lesson to be taken from these verses “..Should He not know― He that created? And He is the One that understands the finest mysteries (and) is well-acquainted (with them).” (Surah Al-Mulk, 67/13-14)
However, Allah (SWT), who is the creator of all people, created human beings with limitless freedom unlike animals and did not put a limit to the feelings of human beings in order to give them a test which is just and free so that everybody can decide about his/her lifestyle, either bad or good wit his/her free will and deserve Paradise or Hell with his/her own free will.. He sent prophets and books to inform man about how to use the endless freedom that He gave to him when He created him and which way is good or bad. What can be better than His guidance in order to let them be successful in this test and live happily in both this world and the hereafter?
Questions on Islam
- Is it not a torture to restrict ones freedom?
- What is spirit (rooh)? Can spirit's essence be comprehended? Is spirit merely brain? What is the relationship between spirit and body?
- What is the real existance of a living thing(spl:Human) spirit or body?
- What are the basic conditions that the religion of Islam gives man?
- SCIENCE, RELIGION AND BELIEF SYSTEMS
- To what extent are friendships of chat right? How can the families that crack online be saved?
- What are the fundamental rights Islam gives to man?
- Could you please give information on the nature of Angels, their types and about the importance of belief in them? Why cannot we see them?