Who is exempt from Sawm (fasting)?
Submitted by on Sat, 12/09/2009 - 04:19
Dear Brother / Sister,
It seems that you are not an adolescent yet because you are only (11), so you are exempt from Ramadan fasting.
Please read the information given below;
WHO IS EXEMPT FROM SAWM?
Fasting is mandatory on every Muslim who is sane, adult, able and resident. The following exemptions apply:
1. the insane;
2. children who are not adolescent yet;
3. the elderly and chronically ill for whom fasting is unreasonably strenuous; Such persons are required to feed at least one poor person every day in Ramadan for which he or she has missed fasting.
4. pregnant women and nursing may postpone the fasting at a later time;
5. the ill and the travellers can also defer their fasting.
Please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- Could you please give information about the role of food factor on controlling bodily appetites?
- What is perfect fast like?
- How should the attitudes of those who fast and who do not fast towards one another be?
- Could you give information about the qada (compensation) of missed fasts and paying ransom (fidyah) for those fasts?
- Is it prohibited to sell alcohol while fasting?
- What is perfect fast like? How should a fasting person behave?
- What a fasting person should do as a Kaffarah (Atonement) when he/she does one of the things that invalidate the fast?
- It is stated that those who perform fasting will enter Paradise through the gate of Rayyan. Will those who do not perform fasting not be able to enter Paradise?
- What type of music is safe to listen on Ramadan?
- Is it permissible to perform the fasting of Shawwal and the fasting of Qada together?