Is it prohibited to sell alcohol while fasting?
Submitted by on Mon, 07/09/2009 - 02:39
Dear Brother / Sister,
Selling alcohol does not invalidate the fast. But whether someone fasts or not, selling alcohol is prohibited in Islam.
The prohibition was not limited to drinking alcohol only; Buying and selling, that is, the trade of alcohol was also prohibited. Our Prophet (PBUH) stated that alcoholic drinks were damned in ten aspects and said the following in a hadith: «Alcoholic drinks were damned in ten aspects: the drink itself, the producer, he who wants to produce it, seller, customer, carrier, he who makes others carry it, he who makes a living by the money earned from alcohol, he who drinks it and he who makes others drink it. » Ibn Majah, Ashriba : 6.
For more information, please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- Does selling alcohol invalidate prayers?
- Is it permissible to work in a place where alcoholic drinks are served and sold?
- What is perfect fast like?
- How does Fasting Clean the Body? The World of Medicine is Investigating Fasting
- How should the attitudes of those who fast and who do not fast towards one another be?
- Special File for Ramadan
- Does smoking cigarettes and hookah invalidate fasting?
- How does fasting purify the body?
- Who is exempt from Sawm (fasting)?
- What is the penalty in the hereafter for a person who does not perform fasting in Ramadan without any excuse?