What type of music is safe to listen on Ramadan?
Details of the QuestionI think the only reason why it´s forbidden is because some music causes arousal, therefore leading us to commit sins. However, not all music has bad psychological effects. I was wondering if listening to mellow and/or happy songs that has no bad lyrics is okay? Also, what if you listen to your same sex´s song? For example, a male listening to James Morrison while fasting. Thanks so much for this very informative site. May Allah bless you.
Submitted by on Thu, 09/09/2010 - 20:19
Dear Brother / Sister,
Please click on the links given below;
Questions on Islam
- What is perfect fast like?
- Could you please give information about the role of food factor on controlling bodily appetites?
- Who is exempt from Sawm (fasting)?
- Could you give information about the qada (compensation) of missed fasts and paying ransom (fidyah) for those fasts?
- Is it prohibited to sell alcohol while fasting?
- How should the attitudes of those who fast and who do not fast towards one another be?
- What is the penalty in the hereafter for a person who does not perform fasting in Ramadan without any excuse?
- What is perfect fast like? How should a fasting person behave?
- What a fasting person should do as a Kaffarah (Atonement) when he/she does one of the things that invalidate the fast?
- What are the advantages of belief in the Hereafter for the society and individuals?
THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS