How can I become a Mu’min (believer)?
Submitted by on Mon, 13/09/2010 - 16:45
Dear Brother / Sister,
Believing in Allah and that there is no god except Him, that Muhammad (pbuh) is his slave and messenger, in the angels of Allah, in His books, in the Day of Judgment, that the good and the evil are created by Allah (Bukhari, Iman, 37; Muslim, Iman, 1, 5, 7; Abu Dawud, Sunnah, 15).
A person who believes in Allah has to worship Allah. He has to perform five daily prayers, perform fasting in Ramadan, pay zakah and go to hajj if he is rich. Besides, every good deed that he does for himself and for the humanity becomes a means of reaching the consent of Allah.
Questions on Islam
- Could you please describe the characteristics of a Muslim According to the Qur’an?
- What are children's rights over their parents?
- Could you please give information about "Nafaqa" (Sustenance: Maintenance: Alimony)?
- What does it mean to love and to hate for the sake of Allah? What should one understand from it? How should one love and hate for the sake of Allah?
- “If your Lord had so willed (and, denying them free will, compelled humankind to believe), all who are on the earth would surely have believed, all of them. Would you, then, force people until they become believers?” (the Qur’an, Jonah, 10:99).
- Could you give some information on nationalism and racism? Is it religiously permissible if I love my nation better than other nations?
- Could you give information about agony of death (sakarat al-mawt)?
- What does this verse from the Qur’an mean: “ He who kills a soul unless it be (in legal punishment) for murder or for causing disorder and corruption on the earth will be as if he had killed all humankind. ”
- How can we strengthen our faith? Could you give information about the increase and decrease of faith, investigative faith and imitative faith and the importance of faith?
- Will you give information about the distortion process of the Bible (New Testament)?