Which verses and surahs should be recited in a prayer? Which surahs did the Prophet recite in prayers?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 13:05
Dear Brother / Sister,
While praying, it is necessary to recite verses and surahs which we know best. For, Abu Said said, "We are ordered to recite al-Fatiha and surahs which are easy for us"
In prayers, any part from the Qur'an can be recited. There should not be made any restrictions like reading certain verses.
In addition to this, there are hadiths about surahs which the Prophet (PBUH) recited in prayers.
For example, the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said to Mu'adh b. Jabal, "Recite the following surahs: Wash-shamsi wa duhaha (91)", "Sabbih isma Rabbi ka-l-A'la" (87) and Wal-laili Idha yaghsha (92).
According to what Abu Barda narrated, The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) recited between sixty and a hundred verses in fajr (morning) prayers."
Abu Hurairah said, "I have never seen anyone whose prayer resembles that of the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) than so-and-so. And Sulaiman bin Yasar said: I prayed behind that person; he would recite a long chapter in fajr prayer, a short chapter in maghrib prayer and a chapter of medium length in isha prayer."
In another hadith narrated from Jabir b. Samura, the following is stated: "The Apostle of Allah (PBUH) recited 'Qaf Wal Qur'anil Majid, and suchlike surahs. The prayers which he lead were light.
Questions on Islam
- What is the reason of saying "wal hamdulillahi rabbil 'alamin, al Fatiha" in the mosque after Tasbihat (glorifications)?
- Did the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) recite the prayers of Rabbana in prayers after salawat? Is it permissible for us to pray as we wish in the last sitting of prayers?
- Did the Prophet (pbuh) recite the chapters of al-Falaq and an-Nas in the morning prayer (fajr)?
- Is it permissible to recite duas (prayer) other than the dua of Subhanaka in prayers? Is it permissible to recite different duas instead of Subhanaka when we start the prayer after uttering the opening takbir? Which duas did the Prophet use to recite?
- salattuz tassbhi namaz
- Salat-u Tasbih (The Prayer of Glorification)
- What is the decree about saying "Allahumma antassalam wa-minkassalam tabarakta ya dhaljalal-i wal-ikram (O Allah, You are peace, peace comes from You. Blessed are You O Possessor of Glory and Honor)" after a prayer?
- What is the criterion for the length of the ruku and sajdah in prayers? How many times can invocations be recited at ruku (bowing down in prayer) and sajdah (prostration) at most?
- What is the dua that Hz. Abu Bakr recite in prayer?
- Dua after Salams