With what level of voice should we recite surahs during a prayer?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 16:25
Dear Brother / Sister,
During prayer, we need to recite surahs loud enough to be heard by ourselves; we should not raise our voice in a way that is hearable by the people near us.
What is important here is to pronounce surahs with the tongue and be aware of our pronunciation. There is no such a rule stating that the voice must come to our ear. There is no need to increase our voice just because we cannot hear it when there is a noise at outside. It is necessary to recite with a low voice that is hearable by us under normal circumstances of a quiet environment. No one around us is disturbed by this voice.
Questions on Islam
- The praying person must hear his/her own voice while performing the "Qiraah" (reading/reciting the Quran). Is this a clear hearing or is hearing the recitation in whisper enough?
- THE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT JINN
- Reciting aloud while performing prayer
- Which verses and surahs should be recited in a prayer? Which surahs did the Prophet recite in prayers?
- Is it necessary to say Allahuakbar (Allah is the greatest) during takbir al-iftihah (the opening takbir)? Is it enough to raise hands only?
- I would like to get some information about Tahajjud.
- What is adhan?
- Is it a sin to perform the prayer at the end of the time for that prayer? Can the prayer be performed as soon as the adhan is recited?
- Will you give information about listening to the adhan, repeating the words of the adhan and showing respect to the adhan?
- What are the verses about Angels, Jinn, and Devils?