What is the decree about saying "Allahumma antassalam wa-minkassalam tabarakta ya dhaljalal-i wal-ikram (O Allah, You are peace, peace comes from You. Blessed are You O Possessor of Glory and Honor)" after a prayer?
Submitted by on Tue, 01/03/2016 - 00:49
Dear Brother / Sister,
Hz. Thawban narrates:
"When the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) finished prayer by giving salutations, he would ask for forgiveness three times and say,
'Allahumma antassalam wa-minkassalam tabarakta ya dhaljalal-i wal-ikram. (O Allah, You are peace, peace comes from You. Blessed are You O Possessor of Glory and Honor)'" [Muslim, Masajid 135, (591); Tirmidhi, Salat 224, (300); Abu Dawud, Salat 360 (1513); Nasai, Sahw 80, (3, 68).]
1. The following addition exists in the narration of Muslim: Walid says, "I asked Awzai, 'How can I ask for forgiveness as it is mentioned in the hadith?' He said, Say,'Astaghfirullah, astaghfirullah.'"
2. Salam is one of Allah's names. In the hadith, it means, "O Allah! You are free and away all kinds of mistakes and deficiencies." The phrase 'Peace comes from you' means, "You give people peace; if you wish, you can remove peace; the existence and non-existence of peace depend on you."
Tabarakta means you became blessed and free from mistakes and deficiencies. It is derived from the word barakah. Barakah means multitude, plenitude, abundance and increase. It can also be interpreted as "You are great and free from deficient attributes due to the plenitude of your attributes of majesty and perfection."
To sum up, this glorification, which is uttered after giving salutations at the end of a prayer, is uttered with the intention of respect while praising and glorifying Allah.
(bk. Prof.Dr. İbrahim CANAN, Kütüb-ü Sitte Şerhi, , Cilt 16-17)
Questions on Islam
- What are the praises snd supplications recited after the preyers (salat)?
- Will you give information about the duas (supplications) and tasbihat (glorifications) read in prayer (salah) and thawabs given for them?
- What are the acts that a Muslim should do before and during the prayer?
- Is prayer invalidated if a person reads the supplication "Tukhrijna" after at-Tahiyyat, Salli and Barik supplications in the last sitting?
- What is the decree of Qunut supplications and how is the situation of those who do not know Qunut supplications and what supplications should be read instead of Qunut by people who do not know them?
- The Prophet’s Prayer of Iftar
- SALAT (PRAYER)-I
- Rawatib Prayers
- Does praying before eating a meal exist in our religion? Did the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) pray before eating a meal?
- What are the necessary qualities for an Imam to have in order to lead a congregational prayer?