When does the time of morning prayer start and end? If I miss the morning prayer, when should I perform it?
Submitted by on Wed, 03/03/2010 - 06:45
Dear Brother / Sister,
The time of morning prayer starts with imsak time and ends when the sun rises. However, it is more virtuous to delay it until it slightly gleams according to Hanafis, but to perform it early when it is still dark according to Shafiis. If the sun rises while one performs a prayer and before he finishes it, the prayer becomes invalidated according to Hanafis. It becomes necessary to perform it again when the time of karahah ends.
If a person who misses the morning prayer performs it after the sun rises and when the time of karahah ends and before the time of karahah for the noon prayer starts, s/he performs both the sunnah and fardh of the morning prayer.
Please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to enter the bathroom or toilet with a necklace or ring written "Allah" on it?
- Is it true to insult a non-muslim?
- When the time for zuhr (noon) comes, is only the missed fard qada of fajr (morning prayer) performed or is the sunnah of it performed as well?
- When does the time period for the morning prayer (fajr) start and when does it end? Why is the adhan for the morning prayer called an hour after imsak time?
- When does the time for fajr (morning) prayer end?
- Up to when can the morning (fajr) prayer be performed? What should be done when it is cloudy? Should we act in accordance with the calendars?
- Is it permissible to perform fard (obligatory) prayers during Karahah times?
- If the next adhan is called while performing a prayer, will that prayer be valid?
- If a person cannot wake up for fajr prayer, what can s/he do for it?
- Is it a sin to perform the prayer at the end of the time for that prayer? Can the prayer be performed as soon as the adhan is recited?