When does the time for fajr (morning) prayer end?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 13:39
Dear Brother / Sister,
The time of fajr (morning) prayer starts with imsak (pre-dawn) and ends when the sun rises. However, according to the Hanafi sect of school, it is more virtuous to pray it close to the sunrise and for Shafii sect of school, it is more virtuous to pray a little while after imsak.
The time of sunrise is indicated in calendars.
Questions on Islam
- Up to when can the morning (fajr) prayer be performed? What should be done when it is cloudy? Should we act in accordance with the calendars?
- When does the time for fasting start, with imsak or adhan? Is it permissible to eat until adhan ends?
- Is it permissible to continue eating and drinking while adhan is called at suhoor and until adhan ends?
- When does the time of morning prayer start and end? If I miss the morning prayer, when should I perform it?
- What are the mustahab times for performing five daily prayers? For instance, the morning prayer (fajr) can be performed up to the time of sunrise. What about the other prayers?
- If a person cannot wake up for fajr prayer, what can s/he do for it?
- What is imsak time? Can the morning (fajr) prayer be performed immediately after imsak?
- When does the time period for the morning prayer (fajr) start and when does it end? Why is the adhan for the morning prayer called an hour after imsak time?
- When does Suhur end?
- Can we perform Fajr (dawn prayer) as soon as imsak time starts?